Trouble Beyond the Borders
Things You Should Know About the Empire
The Phoenix Empire is not like 20th century USA. The laws and culture are extremely different in some ways, but in some ways they are an idealized USA before 9/11/2011 caused the politicians to through our Constitution in the trash (sorry if you don’t understand the reference, it’s where I come from and my background shows through).
Things that are different:
- The Empire is a feudal empire with a parliament.
- Nobles have both rights and responsibilities.
- Information travels with ships.
- Short range FTL sensors and communicators are possible
- Limits on the power of a ship commander
- The Imperial Systems of Justice
- Ships run on batteries.
- TAS is merely a social club – a member gets a few days of lodging, and can come over there for food and conversation at almost any time. They are mainly attached to Class A and B star ports. Also, they are almost all inside the Empire.
- The Core Worlds are very rich, but also very boring for adventurers. Many people move from the core worlds to the rim in search of excitement.
Things that are somewhat the same: